Do you only make it to bed when you are just completely exhausted and can’t wait to hit the pillow?
Or maybe you’ve grabbed a book to help you unwind and continue reading until you just can’t keep your eyes open anymore?
Perhaps you are a person who can’t get to sleep because your mind won’t shut down or you are overwhelmed with worry and stress.
I have been there with all of these sleep-situations at one time or another. All of it is draining. My sense of satisfaction over having a good sleep felt flawed and deficient.
You don’t have to read yourself to sleep or exhaust yourself before knocking out for the night. You can heal yourself to sleep and wake up the next day feeling refreshed and motivated. As a bonus, be a presence among your peers who can radiate kindness out to heal the world. We can use more of that, right? Absolutely!
There are many methods used out there for healing yourself to sleep. You might have never considered how the following meditation is connected to actively healing your body, but it is a powerful and effective method for physical, mental and spiritual healing all at once. One of the quickest, easiest methods to offer lasting, positive results is below:
When it is time to sleep:
- Bring to mind what you are in love with the most. A person, a pet, (or type of person or animal) or an idea you would like to see manifested. Stay with whatever it is that conjures a sense of deep love. Send your love there. Fall in love and be with Love.
- As you are becoming relaxed into your joyful and loving state, expand your feelings of love to include experiences with kindness. Acts you have witnessed, have read about in a story, or your own deeds of kindness which have made a difference to someone. Feel the experience of selfless giving and generosity that has touched you or someone else.
- While the feelings of love and kindness and even compassion are resonating, a sense of calm, peace, goodness and gratitude will eventually come over you. You may begin to weep as your heart center opens. You may feel energized by the vibration you are resonating with. Any emotions that come up will ground peacefully momentarily.
- Your mind may wander off to think about a TV show, or the upcoming morning agenda. If your thoughts veer off, come back to your peaceful and loving intent. Keep focused on your loving state, continuing to generate feelings of deep love and contentment. You will arrive at a permeating sense of peace and calm, and you will fall asleep. Sweet dreams!
- When you wake in the morning, take a deep breath and let words of love, compassion, kindness and gratitude enter your consciousness. You may not remember to do this when you first wake up, and if not it is okay. With repetition it will come to you.
This is of course, a meditation that can be done anywhere at any time. However, when done before we slumber, it sets our consciousness into a state of repair and well-being perfectly timed with the natural repair process about to happen over an extended period of hours as we sleep. (Hopefully uninterrupted.) This is optimized, efficient, holistic healing.
If your healing abilities are given proper space to work, your body will have rest, your mind will have balance. This healthy, peaceful and rejuvenating energy will radiate out into the world and continue to generate even more attractive benefits to you.
Do you have a bedtime meditation that works to heal you or help you to wake up feeling well-rested and centered? Feel free to share in a comment or email.
Leave a Reply