The Wheel of Light Tarot Card Spread is a nice change from other card spreads. You choose a significator and deal cards around a wheel until the significator appears. You then read the cards to the left and right of the significator. Don’t let the instructions fool you. It really is very simple!
The Wheel of Light 7-Card Tarot Oracle Card Spread is a fun, fortune-teller’s wheel spread that shines light on opposing forces at work in your world.
This spread works well for general insight or for specific areas related to work, home, finance and spiritual matters. It can be read with a Tarot deck or an oracle deck such as the Lenormand with beautiful results.
The spread, instructions and an affirmation for the reading are below:
This tarot card spread revolves around a significator card appearing in the wheel as cards are dealt. You will first bring to mind your significator card. Do not pull the significator out of your card deck. Just keep your significator in mind after you have chosen it, and watch for it to appear as you deal the cards around the wheel.
In the Tarot, there are many methods for choosing a significator. Here is a suggestion based on your gender, marital status and astrological sign:
- Page: Unmarried Female
- Knight: Unmarried Male
- Queen: Married Woman
- King: Married Man
- Water signs: Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces = Cups
- Fire signs: Aries, Leo, Sagittarius = Wands
- Earth signs: Taurus, Virgo, Capricorn = Pentacles
- Air signs: Gemini, Libra, Aquarius = Swords
From a Lenormand deck, the significator cards are of course, the Woman or Lady if you are female. Man or Gentleman if you are male.
- Shuffle and cut the deck. Start by placing your first card face-up in position 1, noted on the image above. Deal the cards face-up in the order on the diagram. Go around in a wheel in the shape of a 7-point star . The shape follows a pattern of dealing three cards towards the top and 4 cards around the bottom to complete the wheel.
- Continue dealing the cards around in the circle and keep going. Imagine that light is traveling through a portal to connect to you. When your significator card shows up, stop dealing. Set the undealt cards aside. The undealt cards will not be used for the reading.
- Wherever your significator has appeared in the wheel, there will be three stacks of cards dealt to the left of it, and three stacks of cards dealt to the right of it. Align these stacks into a straight line to the left and right of your significator.
For example. If my significator appeared in spot 5, then the stacks to the left are 6, 7, 1. The stacks to the right are 4, 3, 2. So the line of cards in order from left to right if my significator appeared in spot 5 should be: 1, -> 7, ->6, ->(Significator) ->4, ->3, ->1.
Light has traveled to reveal opposing forces that are at work around you. This means the three stacks to the left of your significator are read as one energy. The stacks on the right are another. Only the top card on each of the stacks is used for reading. The message can be interpreted using any (or all) of the seven offerings of guidance below.
The Light says the following about where you stand when it comes to:
- Logic <—> Creativity
- Humanity <—> Divinity
- Materialism <—> Spirituality
- Shadow <—> Light
- Earth <—> Heavens
- Comfort <—> Risk
- Conflict <—> Resolution
If your significator has appeared before one full circle around the wheel has been dealt, re-shuffle and deal again.
“With light guiding my heart and showing me the way, my life will be balanced and filled with harmony and peace.”
Enjoy this new tarot card spread! Blessings of light to you,