The Unveiling the Truth 8-card tarot spread is an advanced variation of an old spread included with vintage decks produced in Europe. This layout serves as a Key for Tarot Professionals; an introductory map. The ‘map’ reveals very specific information to apply to later readings and for exploring further into the situation.
This Tarot spread is the perfect layout used to reveal the truth around a matter that is convoluted by many surrounding influences.
The arrangement works for specific areas related to work, relationships, finance and spiritual matters. It can be read with a Tarot deck and certain oracle decks with beautiful results.
The tarot spread, instructions and an affirmation for the reading are below:
Instructions: Recommended: Remove the Major Arcana. Reversals are okay to use with this tarot spread. Be ethical with your inquiries.
This tarot spread and its reading are related to revealing unseen truths; what the querent cannot see, and to reveal what they are not aware of. It is best to use this spread when reading for someone else. If you are reading for yourself, a current state of blockage may render you unable to interpret the card meanings thoroughly, objectively, and without bias. In this case it is advised to have a reader use this tarot spread for your topic.
The best approach for an accurate reading is to connect with the querent’s concern as follows:
- Where there is heavy, looming doubt in the situation, or
- Where an inability to discern truth from delusion exists, or
- Where there are influences of heavy persuasion present.
If you are not familiar with how to interpret cards being read in combinations, an alternate 3-card layout is also in the instructions below.
When you are ready, lay out the cards face down in order from left to right in the pattern shown in the image above, and turn them over to read in sections as follows:
- Cards 1, 2, 3: What the Querent Sees – The combination of these three cards together is a glimpse at what the querent sees at present, or how the situation is currently being approached.
- Cards 4, 5: Lift the Veil* – These two cards reveal the reason(s) the querent is being blocked from seeing the big picture in its true and complete state.*
- Cards 6, 7, 8: The Truth – The combination of the last three cards together reveals the truth as it is; the reality of how things are.
* It is suggested that the matter(s) revealed in these two cards are addressed or investigated in a further reading to hopefully prevent further blockages going forward.
— Alternate 3-card tarot spread: Lay out cards according to the diagram where cards 2, 4, and 6 are positioned and continue with the same instructions as above.
“I am grateful for the insight and awareness that will bring opportunities into my life for empowering change!”
For practice using this spread, imagine you are reading for:
- A client who thinks their boss does not appreciate them.
- A client who is worried that their pet might be lonely without them.
- A client who is active and claims they are not making progress on their weight loss goals.
Enjoy this new tarot spread, and may healing light shine upon what was once hidden. Don’t forget to share!
Jae L says
Very good site, thank you so much for your effort in writing this post.