The High Priestess 5-Card Tarot Spread is a consultation with the mysterious and empowered Divine Feminine. She is the keeper of our dreams, our unconscious states of mind, intuition and unrealized potential. She sits between the pillars of consciousness and unconsciousness, awareness and subtlety, and will reveal secrets to you when you are ready to know them.
The High Priestess 5-Card Tarot Spread is the perfect layout to reveal attitude, motivations, influences and lessons to be learned out of holding a particular mindset.
This tarot spread works well when you want to become aware of what energies are present that persuade your state of mind to create habits. With this knowledge you can do personal work to establish stronger links to positive influences and positive practices.
The tarot spread, instructions and an affirmation for the reading are below:
The pillar on the left for cards 2 and 4, stands for consciousness and awareness. The pillar on the right for cards 3 and 5 will reveal subtleties that have potential to manifest habits.
Because this tarot spread is related to awareness and potential, the best approach for an accurate reading is to choose a topic or inquiry, where aiming to harmonize your conflicting thoughts or pursuits can be applied. For example, love/hate relationships or acceptance/resistance conflicts with matters such as food/diet, body image, and work are ideal for this spread. Alternatively it can be used to weigh out important decisions.
During the shuffle your focus should be on an area of your life that you are looking to see growth and change in. Be open to what the cards reveal. When you are ready, focus on your topic and lay out the five cards in order according to the pattern shown in the image above, beginning with the first card facing down, and the rest turned up.
- The Lesson (face down) – This first card represents the seat of The High Priestess who will witness your situation without judgement as the cards are laid out. This first card will remain face down until the end of the reading. It will eventually reveal the lesson, gift or karmic teaching The High Priestess has meant for you to receive after all other cards are dealt and read. Do not look at the card until then.
- Attitudes / Thoughts – This card is placed on the left of card 1. It represents your current attitudes or thoughts about your topic.
- Pros / Cons – This card is placed on the right of card 1. It represents the benefits and positives or negative consequences or effects that result from your attitudes and thoughts that are read from card 2.
- Crowning Influences – Known influences that are helping or hindering your attitudes and thoughts seen in card 2 below it.
- Hopes or Fears – Your hopes or fears that can potentially manifest as a result of being aware of the energies that build the left pillar (card 2 and 4).
The Lesson card should now be turned over to reveal its message. This card represents guidance from our unconscious mind aka The High Priestess. The message given to you is for you to work with and grow from, in regards to your topic and reading.
If the card placed in the first spot turns over to reveal the actual Major Arcana II card at the end of your reading, it should be taken as an especially urgent call to settle on your genuine priorities for happiness and begin making bonds with even more positive influences and positive practices with added discipline and urgency.
“I empower my thoughts to strengthen my awareness, intuition, and focus. It is my intention to remove attitudes and thoughts that do not serve me towards reaching my potential.”
Enjoy this new tarot spread. Don’t forget to share! Blessings and gratitude.